Job Positions 2023
R&D Carbon Capture Cement Materials - Research Scientist
Carbon Limit seeks a Materials Scientist that will lead laboratory efforts to design and optimize our SCM and admixture production process as well as collaborate with a diverse team of engineers, scientists, and business professionals to commercialize developed technologies. The role will include experimenting with processes related to ASTM standards for cementitious materials. This individual must be able to deal with the unknown challenges brought on by experimenting with new technology, processes, and scale up conditions.
This position is located in Miami / Boca Raton, FL (Remote positions & and part time positions also negotiable).
- Innovate and develop new carbon capture technologies suitable for the built environment.
- Conduct and supervise experiments on cement pastes and mortars
- Ensure accurate mix preparation
- Produce mortar following ASTM standard and run different tests such as pH,
flow, compressive strength, mini slump cone and setting time.
- Conduct various analytical tests.
- Create literature reviews, whitepapers, technology reports and other related documents.
- Apply DOE for planning experiments for optimization of various SCM and admixture
- Follow established laboratory safety protocols and procedures.
- Develop recommendations and implement solutions to improve established processes.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of work performed and report results in a
- Create Standard Operating Procedures; implement the SOPs.
- Organize the efforts of the management team to meet development milestones.
- Generate high quality reports of findings and conclusions.
- Conduct research on current market trends and the latest scientific advancements in carbon capture and sequestration as well as create new approaches for analyzing material.
- Contribute to our strategic planning to lead the Climate Tech industry.
- Master’s degree in civil engineering, materials science, or equivalent.
- Over 3 years hands on experience in cement chemistry
- Experience in a fast-paced technology or environmental company is a plus.
- Excellent research skills with a proven record of innovation and problem-solving.
- Strong communication skills to effectively convey complex concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Experience operating analytical equipment to drive conclusions about cementitious materials and their performance
- Capable of independently organizing and prioritizing work
- Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines
What We Offer:
A vibrant, fast-paced work environment where your contributions directly impact the fight against climate change.
Opportunities for professional growth and development in the Climate Tech space.
A supportive, diverse team of passionate professionals committed to creating a sustainable future.
If you think you've got what it takes to help decarbonize the world and lead the charge in Climate Tech, we can't wait to meet you. Apply today and start making a difference tomorrow.
Please note: we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status