Job Positions 2023
R & D - Associate Research Scientist or Engineer
Carbon Limit seeks an associate research scientist or engineer to contribute to the development of our carbon capture cement/admixture technologies. This contributor will be responsible for conducting research including hands-on lab-scale testing, data analysis, and literature reviews, and will work with the rest of our team to validate and optimize the performance of our cement and admixture technology. The associate research scientist or engineer will work closely with the company’s experienced technical team and will make a large impact on the technology and business. This is an exciting opportunity to combat global climate change by transforming how the world makes cement.
Carbon Limit is on a mission to reach and exceed the gigaton scale of carbon removal from our plant to protect billions of lives and livelihoods and inspire this and the next generations of inventors, innovators, and entrepreneurs to create the next solutions to the world’s biggest environmental challenges, and we are only looking to bring together the best people from around the world that are mission driven, creative, and innovate to achieve our mission together!
This position is located in Miami / Boca Raton, FL (Remote positions & and part time positions also negotiable).
● Performing lab experiments including cement, admixture, and concrete properties, CO2 mineral carbonation efficacies, measurements, analyzing data, and presenting results
● Ordering, maintaining, and organizing the laboratory’s supplies, materials, and tools
● Championing safety, especially in the development of experimental processes
● Contributing to the development of Carbon Limit’s technology through literature reviews and informational interviews with industry experts
● Contributing to white papers, reports, and patent applications
● Promoting Carbon Limit’s reputation by delivering innovative solutions
● Helping to develop a supportive, innovative, and dynamic company culture
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
This role will focus on cement admixture, and concrete performance validation and optimization. The position is expected to be hands-on, with a significant amount of time spent engaging in lab testing. The ideal candidate will be independent, results-driven, ambitious, organized, and able to thrive in a fast-paced innovative driven environment.
● Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, materials science, materials chemistry, or a related field.
● Basic knowledge of materials chemistry and mechanical properties of materials.
● Experience working in a chemistry, materials science, or engineering laboratory.
● Ability to carefully follow established procedures to prepare test materials and measure key physical and chemical properties of cement and concrete.
● Candidates with research experience in mineral carbonation, cement, concrete, admixtures, and/or related materials are preferred.
● Ability to lift objects up to 50 lbs.
● Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
● Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to listen, distill information, consult, and suggest new approaches.
● Ability to pay close attention to detail, focusing on accuracy and quality, without losing sight of the bigger picture.
● Knowledge of product development and commercialization.
● Balance, perspective, mission driven and a good sense of humor.
Carbon Limit is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Research suggests that qualified people from historically marginalized groups may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage individuals who believe they have the skills necessary to thrive to apply for this role.
Your Right to Work
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
We are always looking for new and exciting opportunities. Let's connect.